See What's New in Aptos
This page shows the key updates to the developer documentation on this site.
29 November 2022
- Increased rate limits of https://indexer.mainnet.aptoslabs.com and https://fullnode.mainnet.aptoslabs.com to 1000 requests/5-minute interval by IP.
21 November 2022
- Added conceptual overviews for blocks and resources in Aptos, explaining how transactions are batched and resources relate to objects, respectively.
18 November 2022
- Increased Aptos Indexer rate limits from 300 requests per IP per hour to 400 requests every five minutes.
17 November 2022
- Published instructions for updating validator nodes by configuring and failing over to validator fullnode.
16 November 2022
Completely overhauled the navigation of Aptos.dev to better reflect our users and their feedback. Here are the highlights:
- Introduced new Start Aptos and Build Apps sections to contain information related to setup and app development, respectively.
- Shifted key concepts up in navigation, included the Aptos White Paper, moved nodes-related materials to the Run Nodes section, and gas-related pages to a new Build Apps > Write Move Smart Contracts section.
- Placed instructions for the Aptos CLI and other tools under Start Aptos > Set Environment.
- Recategorized previous Guides across several new subsections, including Build Apps > Develop Locally, Interact with Blockchain, and Run Nodes > Configure Nodes.
- Integrated the Aptos Node API specification, Issues and Workarounds and Aptos Glossary into a new Reference section.
12 November 2022
- Recommended performance improvements to validator source code startup instructions by suggesting building the
aptos-nodebinary and running it directly instead of using
09 November 2022
- Improved indexer fullnode setup instructions to standardize on one package manager and explain how to restart the database.
08 November 2022
- Published links to new auto-generated Move reference files for all available versions.
07 November 2022
- Created an Aptos tag on Stack Overflow and started populating it with common questions and answers.
04 November 2022
- Added a guide on Resource Accounts used by developers to publish modules and automatically sign transactions.
03 November 2022
- Added Aptos API reference files directly to Aptos.dev for easy access and clarified available information at various endpoints.
02 November 2022
- Created a #docs-feedback channel on Discord seeking input on Aptos.dev and taking action with updates to the documentation.
01 November 2022
- Expanded the previous Coin and Token documentation into the Aptos Token Standard with new field descriptions and more and moved it to the Getting Started section for greater visibility.
25 October 2022
- Replaced the outdated auto-generated Move docs formally located at
aptos-core/tree/framework-docswith new online versions now found at:
13 October 2022
- Added user documentation for Aptos Explorer to Aptos.dev covering common use cases and popular Explorer screen descriptions.
12 October 2022
- Added Node Connections document that describes how to configure node network connections.
11 October 2022
- Added Data Pruning document that describes how to change the data pruning settings.
10 October 2022
- Added Staking Pool Operations document.
07 October 2022
- Using the Petra Wallet covers common use cases of the Petra Wallet Chrome browser extension and can be found from Install Petra Extension on Aptos.dev.
06 October 2022
- Added Node Files document that lists all the files required during node deployment process. Includes commands to download each file.
05 October 2022
- Related Aptos resources (aptoslabs.com, Twitter, Discord, and more) can be found in the Have fun section of the Aptos.dev landing page.
03 October 2022
- How Base Gas Works describes the types of gas involved in Aptos transactions and offers optimizations for your use.
26 September 2022
- Installing Aptos CLI provides detailed guidance for all major operating systems: Linux, macOS, and Windows.
25 September 2022
23 September 2022
- Gas and Transaction Fees contains sections on prioritizing your transaction, gas parameters set by governance, and examples for understanding account balances, transaction fees, and transaction amounts.
22 September 2022
21 September 2022
19 September 2022
When using the Aptos CLI to publish Move modules, we note multiple modules in one package must have the same account or publishing will fail at the transaction level.
16 September 2022
When connecting to Aptos Testnet, use the
testnet rather than
testnet-stable branch. See that document for the latest commit and Docker image tag.
15 September 2022
The hardware requirements for Aptos nodes have grown for both Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud.
13 September 2022
- A new guide describing how to deploy multiple validator nodes and validator fullnodes is posted.
12 September 2022
- A new set of documents on Aptos Coin and Token are posted.
- A new document describing how to bootstrap a new fullnode using data restore is posted.
06 September 2022
A new concept document explaining the State Synchronization is posted.
The Staking document is updated.
29 August 2022
25 August 2022
- A new guide describing Upgrading the Move Code is posted.
24 August 2022
- The Korean language version of the Aptos White Paper is posted.
- Typescript and Rust are added to the first transaction tutorial.
- A new tutorial is added that shows how to use the Typescript SDK and Python SDKs to work with NFT. The tutorial covers topics such as creating your own collection, creating a token in that collection, and how to offer and claim that token.
16 August 2022
- A new tutorial showing how to create, submit and verify your first transaction using the Python SDK is posted.
11 August 2022
The Aptos White Paper is released.
A section explaining the network Port settings for the nodes connecting to an Aptos network is added.
08 August 2022
- A new document for the exploratory Move transactional testing is posted.
07 August 2022
- A new document for using the Aptos CLI to launch a local testnet is posted.
02 August 2022
- A new Guide for System Integrators is posted.